I was tagged by Jen. Here is how it works: Each player starts with seven random facts/habits about themselves. People who are tagged need to write their own blog with their seven things as well as these rules. You need to tag seven others and list their names on your blog. Remember to leave a comment for them letting them know they have been tagged and to read your blog.
1) For seven years, until I was 16 or 17 years old, I attended Richard's School of the Dance. I took tap, ballet, and jazz dance lessons and, once I started (*ahem*) maturing, I also was a Can-Can girl. Every June, we performed at both an afternoon and evening show at the local theatre. It was quite a production, very nerve-wracking and exciting all at once. The can-can costume hasn't changed at all in over 30 years. *g*
2) I have about thirty first cousins. I'm the oldest grandchild on my mother's side by about two months and I'm in the middle of the pack on my father's side.
3) I love to read Nora Roberts and also J.D. Robb (one of N.R.'s pen names). I started with the J.D. Robb "Death By...." books and then started reading her other novels when she didn't write fast enough to keep up with me reading about Eve and Rourke. I read a lot of other authors (mostly science fiction and fantasy) as well but knitting is cutting into my reading time.
5) I've lived in Wisconsin, Minnesota, Texas, and Illinois. Although I travel quite often for work, this travel does not take me outside of the U.S. with the exception of one after-hours trip into Matamoras, Mexico. I've been to Hawaii and the U.S. Virgin Islands (pre-hurricanes).
6) I'm a member of the Brothertown Indians.
7) I totalled my mother's Dodge Dart the August before my senior year of high school. I was driving to my waitress job on a Sunday morning when a spider dropped down from the sun visor and startled me. I slammed on the brakes, the front right tire blew out and the car flipped (in slow motion) over into a ditch, narrowly missing a culvert. I ran my pantyhose (no other injury) and surprised a farmer who was finishing up milking his cows. Lucky girl.
Thanks, Jen, for providing some blog content! I'm not going to tag anyone but please consider yourself tagged if you wish to play along.