I finished the body for Sonnet last night. Hurray! I think it looks good so far. Now for the sleeves....hmmm, how much yarn do I have left? The body of the sweater used about six and not quite one-fifth or so skeins. Let's see, three and four/fifths skeins....that's about 186 grams according to the kitchen scale. Is that enough for the pattern's long sleeves? Hard to say. Maybe, maybe not. Thus, came my decision to knit the sleeves from the cap down, rather than cuff up. I think a three-quarters length sleeve would be fine since I have little hope of finding this dye lot. (I did obtain six skeins of this color via eBay but the dye lot color was so different that it could have been a different color. No problem, that yarn will make a nice shell top someday.)
I pulled up an Excel speadsheet and, in my slightly cold-befuddled state, stated charting the sleeve. That worked fine, so I cast on. Hmmm, Kristi Porter has decreases (increases, for me) on both the beginning and end of a row. I only know how to cast on at one end of an established row....okay, back to the spreadsheet. So, I decided to cast on more stitches at one time for the increases to keep the cap of the sleeve with a shallow curve. The shallow curve is a function of my bulkier Rowan Summer Tweed. The pattern cleverly adjusts for the type of yarn you are using.
I'm going to at least get the cap of this sleeve finished before I start on my chores for today. Tomorrow is a travel day - back to Independence, MO. I need to make sure the suitcase and briefcase have all the things I'll need--sometimes a challenge but I'll have a list. *g* I'm not looking forward to flying with the remnants of a cold and, worse, DH is flying, as well, and he was fully engaged by the cold as of this morning. AND he
doesn't like to won't take OTC meds to relieve his symptoms. I'm crossing my fingers for a rapid recovery for him today.
Happy Memorial Day! My thanks to all veterans for your service and sacrifice.