I'm certainly a knitter and I have a blog but you won't be seeing any of my knitting today. The knitter is just trying to make it to the weekend. So, thanks to a friend we have some blog content. This meme wasn't as easy to fill out as I thought it would be.
Here it is:
1. My uncle once had his hands on fire but he jumped into the Pine River and extinguished the flames.
2. Never in my life have I wished to be a pilot despite being related to two and knowing several others.
3. When I was five I invited my friends Mary Jo, Mike, and Judy to a butterfly party. We drew our wings on construction paper with crayons and my mother pinned them on the back of our shirts. We ran around outside pretending to be beautiful butterflies.
4. High school was an experience I never want to repeat.
5. I will never forget driving with my dad in the country in our old Ford station wagon and picking up the peas that dropped from the canning trucks. I loved the found treasure.
6. Once I met Timothy Dalton in the laundry room of a San Francisco hotel. He is handsome but not as tall as I thought he would be. Great smile.
7. There’s this boy I know who is now a young man (and my oldest nephew) and spending his Junior year of college in Granada.
8. Once, at a bar, ... I watched male strippers. It wasn't that exciting. I suppose I like to know the sweat that is being flung towards me.
9. By noon, I've usually completed a lot of my to-do list since I'm a morning person.
10. Last night I read my book until I couldn’t keep my eyes open any more.
11. If only I had forethought and time to stay connected to all my loved ones.
12. Next time I go to church will probably be for someone's life event.
13. What worries me most is that I'll be oblivious to an important event.
14. When I turn my head left I see the dining room windows.
15. When I turn my head right I see the living room.
16. You know I’m lying if I say I love Tom Cruise.
17. What I miss most about the Eighties is my waist.
18. If I were a character in Shakespeare I’d be, ahh, um, Puck?.
19. By this time next year I hope my waist will be smaller.
20. A better name for me would be ??? Estelle? (DH's suggestion) I named myself Mercedes in Spanish class because it was so exotic when I was 16. I was Simone in French class when I was a Freshman in HS. See why I don't want to repeat high school?
21. I have a hard time understanding cruel behavior.
22. If I ever go back to school, I’ll enroll in fiber-related classes, like weaving.
23. You know I like you if I spend time with you.
24. If I ever won an award, the first person I would thank would be my mother (and father).
25. Take my advice, never fall for a pretty face. Well, not for very long, anyway.
26. My ideal breakfast is eggs-soft scrambled and pan-fried bluegill fillets.
28. If you visit my hometown, I suggest that you visit the EAA Museum, the Paine Art Center, and the Public Museum. Then you have to have the frozen custard at Leon's.
29. Why won’t people be straight-forward?
30. If you spend a night at my house you will be fed well but may have to use the lint roller.
31. I’d stop my wedding for ? Should have stopped the first one. The second one? Don't get between me and my man.
32. The world could do without reality shows.
33. I’d rather lick the belly of a cockroach than walk a tightrope.
34. My favorite blondie used to be a red head.
35. Paper clips are more useful than staples because they always work.
36. If I do anything well it’s making a venison pot roast.
37. I can’t help but wish I had more time for my knitting.
38. I usually cry when I listen to sad songs on the car radio.
39. My advice to my nephews/niece is save early and often and marry late.
40. And by the way, I owe thanks to Nora for this meme and having something to blog about.