To borrow a phrase, "...I'm a bad blogger." However, I'm here now with some general this and that stuff for this post.
- I realized on Friday that I was actually a walking zombie the previous day. I'm doing such a good job at ignoring the travails of travel that I didn't recognize I should have pulled the covers over my head and called it a day Thursday morning. It was a rough travel week. I think I spent 14 hours traveling including waiting time in airports on Monday (which included two tries at the runway in a lightning storm, obviously one try was successful) and 9 hours on Wednesday. Mental note: If this happens again, don't try to "power" through any fatigue, it won't be productive.
- Friday, however, was productive and today is starting out that way. I watered the new landscaping, washed most of the windows on the south side of the house (not at well as Wilson, but light comes through now), cleaned the bird bath, gazing globe, and statuary; started a load of laundry, and all this before coffee. I may take a nap this afternoon, though.
- I have two ripe tomatoes as of Thursday afternoon. Yippee! BLT salad, here I come.
- Wilson has been Up North for a few days with Tom, the best man at our wedding, fly fishing for muskies and other various fishing. He'll be home late tonight.
- As mentioned, the front yard is getting a make-over, including a new sidewalk.
- There are some interesting flowers in the woods.
- The stream is still flowing although not with the vigor that Spring supplies. It changes with the seasons, providing a new source of water for the local wildlife, a home for minnows, and more food for the birds and animals that like aquatic snacks.
- I hope to go gather some more berries.
- Happy Saturday. It is Saturday, isnt' it?