Here's another post of various and odd topics.
- Something has been raiding our bird-feeders lately and last night I saw the culprit(s)! Three humongous raccoons! Humongous! Maybe the raccoons should go on the South Beach Diet and not eat quite so much whole grain birdseed and suet.....
- I must say that the black raspberries gracing my oatmeal this morning are delicious and were sourced not more than a quarter-mile from my kitchen.
- We had a nice birthday celebration and dinner for my mom, about two weeks ago. The top favorite foods from the meal were the cherry with almond crust tart and a wheat berry with walnuts and dates salad. The recipes for the tart crust and wheat berry salad were both from Martha Stewart's Living magazine.
- Yeah, Living started mysteriously showing up after DH ordered a gift for me from Gardeners' Supply. I used to take the magazine about four or five years ago. I had found it a bit tiresome then but it seems a bit refreshed. The recipes were always good....and still are.
- There's been a bit of knitting lately but no finished objects. I have given Icarus another go, the socks are still growing, and a scarf in progress that I re-found have all had some hands-on the past two weeks.
- I have been spinning, but again.......
- Spinning group was this past Monday. I really enjoy it and hope it is still going when I stop traveling all over for my job. Someday.
- I must say that I really enjoy my current job and I'm very, very thankful to have it.
- Last weekend, we left the house about 10 AM to visit with my DMIL and family in Watertown. We came back to a cold and dark house at 6 PM. o.O None of the neighbors' houses were dark. Apparently some fuse or such had blown on the line to the house......at about 10:45 AM.
- I need more candles. Really. This test of our disaster recovery plan showed a few holes in my supplies.
- I also could use one of those battery-powered book-lights.
- And a generator.
- We received some light snow last night and there is still a bit falling this morning.
- The daytime varmints, squirrels, are raiding what remains in the feeders right now, all six of them. Six squirrels, that is......
The remains of the cherry tart with my DU's hand ready to reach in and save another crumb.