This Morning's Coffee
- I am just about recovered from the stomach "flu" that is apparently making the rounds in Wisconsin and maybe Chicago. I could have picked it up on a day-trip to Chicago on Monday. At least it has a relatively short duration.
- So far, deer hunting yielded four deer, now in the freezer apportioned into usable bits, or should that be "bites." I say "so far" because today is day 3 of a four day antlerless season and Dan is considering going out tomorrow.
- The Christmas tree is up but is bare of ornaments. Decorating is one of today's to-dos.
- I ground wheat berries to make bread last week. (Tasty bread, btw) We were running low on regular flour, so I used some of the ground in my sourdough starter when I fed it last week. I was a bit worried that I may have killed it but it is working fine today for another loaf. Whew.
- I need to research grinding wheat berries. I just threw them in the Vitamix although I don't have the special dry blade set up. The result was fine good, but certainly of a "stone-ground" texture.
- I read Fate's Edge by Ilona Andrews this week on my iPad Kindle app. It is the third in the authors' (two authors, one name) Edge series and I found it to be a very enjoyable read.
- I also read Cat Tales by Faith Hunter, a collection of four short stories in the Jane Yellowrock series. I enjoyed this for the back stories (and the writing) but you may wish to read the first in the series before you read this collection.
- I'm still working on my holiday shopping and wondering if I'll make any headway on my list this weekend. I'll see what the energy level dictates tomorrow. I am at the point where I've done all the web-shopping and now need to interact with real people in retail establishments. o.O
- Pinterest is a time-sink...a marvelous time-sink...but one just the same. Just sayin'.........