October all ready?!? Where did the time go? :D
Some Saturday randomness for you all since I clicked over to this compose page in an almost random manner.....
- I was the recipient of a flu shot Thursday, my first ever. Thursday "day" was fine but that night and last evening were not so fun due to major muscle freeze on my left side, despite a massage on Friday. I'm trying to keep it mobile today and I took some Advil so I'm crossing my fingers for better sleep tonight.
- I am happy to be home but I am missing being at Rhinebeck this weekend. Last year was fun and I intend to make it to the festival next year, if at all possible. I am really missing the people part.
- However, I'm missing Rhinebeck for a good reason. My mom's family is celebrating Christmas early with our annual Lutefisk gathering Sunday. No, I don't eat lutefisk but it is a family tradition to at least smell the stuff and I'm all for traditions.
- A monarch butterfly was waiting for me when I arrived at the DC apartment last Monday.
- A chrysalis had been hanging from the doorway of my basement apartment when I left ten days before but I just didn't register that a monarch would emerge from it. (Thinking about other things, I imagine.) So, excellent timing, Butterfly, to greet me before heading out on your journey.
- Have I ever mentioned that I love this variety of butterfly? That as a child, I made construction paper butterfly wings (in orange and black), had my mother pin the wings to the back of my shirt, and ran down the road imagining the beauty of wings sprouting from my body? I'm still smiling thinking about Monday's happy occurrence.
- The trees are far more bare today at home in Wisconsin than they were a week ago.
- I had a nice week of (almost) stay-cation before returning to see my doorstep visitor.
- I started a sourdough starter. That sounds odd but I think you know what I mean. Now we just have to keep using it and feeding it in hopes of it developing a nice tangy flavor....probably in six months or so I've read.
- I made a skirt and top without using a paper pattern that I felt confident enough about to wear to work. (IPhone photo in the apartment hallway.) Nothing fancy but I'm pleased with myself. :D
- I walked home one night this week and was able to take this photo from the National Mall: